Nursery Room Leader
Nursery Room Leader
Salary - £18,000 - £19,000 – depending on experience
Location – Ilford
Little Learners Nurseries are a new brand of Nursery based in Essex. Our existing nurseries are linked to a successful Charity based in East London and are located in close proximity to transport links into the city.
We are currently looking to recruit a Nursery Room Leader.
The Nursery Room Leader will work effectively as part of the nursery team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for our pre-school room (aged 3 years to 5 years of age). Supporting team members to provide a high standard of care and education.
The role will involve:
- Being the main contact for the designated Nursery room, working alongside a team of Practitioners to ensure that the room operates smoothly and provides a safe environment for the children within the setting.
- Planning, preparing and participating in a range of activities in line with the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Service) Framework, to promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable them to reach their full potential, whilst implementing activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between children and their carers.
- Supporting the Nursery Practitioners and students in the Nursery in the implementation and evaluation of children’s planning and progress.
- Being a key worker for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each individual’s development.
- Completing Tapestry entries for children within the setting - observing, monitoring and capturing information and progress which is logged within the individual online learning journals.
The successful applicants will need:
- NNEB / CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare at Level 3 or above.
- Experience of supervising staff and students – Desirable
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs – Desirable
- Recent experience of working in a care / education early years setting
- Experience of planning, short, medium and long-term plans in an early years setting to meet the needs of both individual children and those in a group setting
- Experience of providing a nursery curriculum for 0-3 and/or 3-5 year olds
- Knowledge / experience of meeting the needs of children and families
- Experience of maintaining accurate records
- The ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and organisations
- The ability to build relationships with children
- The ability to identify and deal with problems and to know when to refer on
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Staff Benefits available at Little Learners
- Free training
- Free DBS checks
- 25% off childcare
- Happy environment to work in
- Continuing professional development - including In-house training
- Free uniform
- Employee of the month
- Free food
- Company pension
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for progression
To find out more about the Little Learners Nurseries please visit our website http://www.littlelearners-nurseries.co.uk
To apply for this role please email an updated copy of your CV via the form below.