Early Years Educator
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
Job Title: Early Years Educator
Department/Division/Faculty: Campus Services – Early Years Education Centre
Salary: £25,780 – £27,570 per annum
Campus: South Kensington
Are you looking to enhance your existing skills as an Early Years Educator in an Ofsted outstanding rated environment? A settling that prides itself on nurturing, inspiring and enabling our 158 children for a bright future.
At The Early Years Education Centre, we have an excellent reputation for providing outstanding childcare for the community of parents at Imperial College and we embrace and celebrate the diversity of cultures we are fortunate to have within the College, ensuring a wholesome and rich experience for all of our children.
We build positive and encouraging relationships with our parents by holding annual events, such as Sports day, International day, Science month, Book month and cultural celebrations as this is a great way for parents and the team to share the children’s learning and experiences as well as meet other families.
Who are we looking for to join our committed and well-motivated team? You will be an experienced, hardworking, level 3 childcare qualified Early Years Educator. Your main responsibility will be to provide a nurturing, caring and a positive learning environment for our children, where they can flourish and meet their milestones.
This post being advertised is for a full time permanent position. We are very excited to be expanding our team to become a nursery with over 200 places by early 2019, after an £8 million investment from Imperial College London.
Main duties will include:
- Working with the children in our setting, aged 6 months to 5 years of age
- Enhancing children’s development and well being
- Planning and providing learning experiences to promote children’s development and wellbeing, taking into account the Principles of the Every Child Matters document and the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
Essential job skills required:
- You will have excellent knowledge and understanding of children’s development and their needs aged 0 – 7 years of age
- You must have an excellent understanding of safeguarding and protecting our children
- You will be able to recognise good practice and have the confidence to challenge bad practice (as outlined in the College’s whistleblowing policy)
- You will have an excellent standard of English, both spoken and written, and be able to communicate effectively
This opportunity will make the most of your experience and interest in roles such as: Early Years Educator, Room Leader, Senior Early Years Educator or Section manager.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further information about the criteria for this post.
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- Hours of work between 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Company pension scheme
- Sports centre
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
If you want to be part of a skilled, engaging, multicultural team whose aim is to nurture, inspire and enable our children for the future, you could be just the person we are looking for. Apply now!
To apply, please click the apply button.
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 January 2019
Committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
The College cannot normally apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UKVI’s Points Based System. Any candidate, who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship, must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK through an appropriate immigration route.
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory (standard/enhanced/enhanced for regulated activity) Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for the successful candidate. Further information about the DBS disclosure process can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/ or by telephoning 0870 90 90 811. You may also wish to view the College’s policy statements on the Recruitment and Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Use, Retention & Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information.