Mini Van Driver
Mini Van Driver
- A valid UK Driving license
- PCV License
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Good level of oral and written English
- You will be required to complete or have an enhanced DBS check
Summary of Job:
Drive the minibus to collect and transport children and staff in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Highway Code and in accordance with good practice to maintain children, staff and public safety whilst on the highway.
Provide basic maintenance of all company cars and minibuses used to transport children e.g. oil levels, fuel levels, cleaning of vehicle to maintain basic working order and prevent unnecessary deterioration of the vehicle.
Ensuring vehicles have legal documentation up to date
Provide basic first aid in the event of an accident
To assist in the safe registration of the children into the building if necessary
Outline of Main Duties:
- Provide daily visual checks and basic maintenance for the vehicles eg. oil levels, fuel levels, cleaning of vehicles, etc and arrange when necessary the service and MOT of the vehicle to maintain basic working order and prevent unnecessary deterioration of the vehicle.
- Drive the minibus in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Highway Code, for minibus drivers and training, to maintain children, staff and public safety whilst on the highway.
- Carry out a weekly, recorded check in accordance with the maintenance schedule. Assist in delivering and collecting bus to garage for repairs and MOT.
- Check that seat belts are fastened, and bags and equipment is secured. Throughout the journey ensure that children and staff remain seated, stopping when necessary to ensure that safety is maintained at all times.
- Drive an agreed daily route plan for journeys, seeking prior agreement to any route changes to achieve a practical and cost-effective solution.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and other Kids in Charge policies.
- Support in the registration process of the children if necessary
- Attend staff meetings once per term or as required to keep in touch with the developments of the business.
- Deliver supplies to various sites as and when required
- Carry out any other duties requested by the management to improve the quality of care to the children and staff
- Access to Perkbox
- We pay up to £500 for staff development and training
- Pension Scheme
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8.00 to £10.00 /hour
Drivers must have a D2 Licence
Apply for Mini Van Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly