Early Years Teacher, Shanghai and Hangzhou, China
Early Years Teacher, Wellington Colleges, China
Early Years Teachers required for our schools in Shanghai and Hangzhou, China. Must have a degree and ideally QTS.
Our Early Years provision in Shanghai and Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools and offer bilingual education to children from 2 to 6 years old. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition and sharing the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In all our schools, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves and encourage and expect them to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Shanghai opened in 2014 and is almost at full capacity and our Hangzhou school opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As both are new and purpose-built with excellent facilities, we offer wonderful opportunities to join enthusiastic international staff teams, be supported by high quality internal and external CPD and work alongside the wider school community in the Wellington group in an exciting and wonderful part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Create a classroom learning environment that fosters active learning and engagement for young children.
- Develop meaningful relationships with children.
- Engage in reflective practice as a part of the planning cycle.
- Commit to being a teacher/researcher in a programme that fosters lifelong learning
- Partner with families and the wider community.
- The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- An ability and desire to embrace new initiatives in the education of young children.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
- A vision and passion to share your ideas, skills and capabilities with others.
- Some experience working successfully with colleagues from different educational and ethnic backgrounds.
The Director of Academics for Early Years will be in the UK from the 1st Feb so please contact us to find out the nearest location to you for you to meet and discuss
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. For any specific enquiries, please email email@example.com