Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment?
Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination?
If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
About the role
This is an exciting and fulfilling role that incorporates lots of variety. As a Nursery Nurse, you will spend your days looking after children from 3 months old, right up to pre-school age. You’ll ensure that the children have fun whilst being sensitive and attentive to their individual needs.
This role is open to those with an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, and we will also consider those with Level 2 or who are currently unqualified. We may be able to offer funded qualifications to a candidate who is looking to study. Full time (40 hours) and Part time (20 hours) considered. We are also looking for qualified bank staff.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working together with the rest of the team to provide high quality care for children aged 0-5.
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the nursery by adhering to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Using your knowledge, experience and imagination to come up with new ideas and activities.
- Building relationships with children and communicating well with their parents.
- Making sure every working day is fun!
You will need:
- Suitable qualifications: an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent. We’ll also consider Level 2 and unqualified candidates with the right mix of skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, and the ability to refer to the EYFS Framework when planning activities.
- To be aware of the role of planning, observation and keeping records when caring for nursery aged children.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with children and meeting their needs.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- A competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Paid time off for dependents
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- 50% staff discount on childcare places and 25% discount for one family member too! Bonus scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
Please note that applications that do not include a Cover Letter will not be shortlisted for this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent