Afterschool Club Assistant
We are a vibrant, local charity that has been serving the local community for over 130 years through inclusive programmes in health & wellbeing, childcare, housing and youth work. We are passionate about providing opportunities to those who are the most in need.
YMCA Thames Gateway is looking for Afterschool Club Assistant’s to support children in our Afterschool Club Provisions which are located on site or off-site in local Primary schools (Drapers Maylands, Mawney, St Peters and St Mary’s Hare Park.) You will be assisting children aged 3-12 years old in sports, homework club and cookery etc.
If you are on the search to start your career within childcare, this may be the opportunity for you. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about working with children and their development. Applicants who are NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualified are advantageable, however we also welcome applicants who are interested in undertaking the NVQ qualification as training and development is available.
Some of the duties of an Afterschool Club Assistant include;
- To support your Room Leaders in the provision with a variety of appropriate play opportunities for children
- Support groups of children in specific sport, game craft and learning activities
- Supervise children to ensure safe use of equipment and facility without endangering themselves or other users
- Liaise with leaders and other play-workers to share activities and skills to ensure a range of complementary activities are available across the year
- To be involved with the children with their activities, and encourage them in developing their play and broadening their experiences
- Location – YMCA Thames Gateway, Rush Green Road, Essex, RM7 0PH.
- Hours – Part Time, 16 hours per week, 2.4pm - 6pm, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
- Rate of pay - £5,261.76 p.a. inclusive & competitive benefits
- Benefits – Free Gym Membership and discounted family memberships, 50% discount on YMCA provided childcare, HSF Health Cash Plan, Generous Pension contributions and Life Assurance Scheme etc.
- Closing date – 9th February 2019 (however applications will be reviewed as and when received)
Contact the HR Department to request for a full application pack:
T 01708 770407
Apply for Afterschool Club Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly