Head of Consultancy and Training
Head of Consultancy and Training
Norland College, Bath
Salary: £50,132 – £55,583 per annum depending on skills and experience
Established in 1892 Norland College has a prestigious reputation for providing world leading early years Higher Education, training and consultancy. We pride ourselves on forward thinking research, teaching and support that equips our students with the right skills and experience to provide the very best child care to families across the world. In 2017 we opened our new multi-million pound building to cater to our growing student numbers and offer state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
Norland is proud to have achieved a Gold award in the national Teaching Excellence Framework that recognises our high levels of teaching quality, and our student satisfaction can be seen in our 2017 NSS results where we received an 89% overall satisfaction rating with 100% of our students being in employment or further study 6 months after graduating.
About the role
In this key leadership role you will play an integral part in driving Norland’s Consultancy and Training profile into both the national and international arenas. You will explore and develop appropriate external commercial activities to generate income and achieve annual targets. Providing a bespoke consultancy service, you will write competitive tenders and bids to deliver consultancy and training to clients. You will take a lead in developing and delivering the Norlander CPD Programme and will work with Norlanders to evaluate their CPD requirements.
- Seek consultancy and training opportunities in the national and international market of both the early years sector and relevant organisations
- Provide effective management of the Consultancy and Training team, developing and implementing creative, innovative and forward looking strategies to include all areas of the department
- Manage a department, providing clear direction aligned to key objectives and supporting personal development and growth
- Attend and contribute to Board meetings to help shape the strategic direction of Norland College and play an important part in the decision-making process
- Oversee and where appropriate, respond to requests for consultancy in varying sectors, tailoring the approach to ensure it meets client’s specifications in particular
- Manage the budget for the Consultancy and Training department ensuring targets are met and resources managed effectively
- Build effective positive relationships with other senior managers across Norland to increase knowledge and cooperation, in the pursuit of agreed objectives and priorities
- Remain current within the early years sector and ensure this knowledge is fed into all training and consultancy packages provided by Norland
- An experienced Early Years Practitioner who has a strong understanding of the sector
- A driven leader who continually seeks out new opportunities and ways of working to improve reach and efficiency
- A successful consultant who has experience writing proposals and delivering on target
- An excellent communicator with the ability to develop strong working relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading teams and developing people
- A collaborator who enjoys both leading on high level strategy and working closely with people on the ground to make it happen
A full job description that provides full details can be found here Head of Consultancy and Training
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Dr Janet Rose, Principal, on 07877 880986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 6 February 2019 and interviews will take place on Tuesday 26 February 2019.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a comprehensive CV to Stephanie Taylor, the Head of HR at email@example.com