Junior Nursery Deputy Manager for Forest School Nursery
Are you passionate about early years education, the outdoors and connecting children back to nature? Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation, recognised by the Queen for their innovation?
Come and join our beautiful fully outdoor forest nurseries, where we are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary early years learning experience, to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
We are looking for a nursery Third in Charge/Junior Deputy Manager who has room leader or other leadership experience, to join one of our exceptional teams in South West London.
As a Third in Charge (Junior Deputy Manager) you will be tasked with ensuring the smooth running of the day in the forest and at the indoor site. You will directly report to the deputy manager/manager on site, and liaise with them daily about logistics, routines and required tasks. You will be co-responsible for ensuring the safety, safeguarding and well-being of the children and staff, and will step up to manage the site in the absence of manager or deputy manager.
You will role model and promote the setting's philosophy and ethos, showing creativity and high-energy. You will mentor and guide staff to scaffold an environment for child-led, play-based learning.
Salary : £21,500 - £22,500, depending on experience.
What we are looking for in our ideal third in charge:
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS/PGCE
- Experience working with 2-5 year olds
- Forest school or outdoor experience is desirable but not essential
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses initiative
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a* *range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
- The opportunity to work for a week in the beautiful Tuscany.
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry
- Social events throughout the year
- A fit, healthy, active job
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Little Forest Folk, feel free to find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/littleforestfolk or try our website on www.littleforestfolk.com. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply for Junior Nursery Deputy Manager for Forest School Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly