Salary: £17,500-£19,500 (based on experience)
To provide the highest levels of care and education for all children attending the setting.
Experienced practitioner looking for a new challenge?
Aims for Nursery Practitioners
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic person required
- Provide high standards of care and education to meet the individual needs of all children
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times
- Acquire and maintain positive working partnerships with staff, parents and carers
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Responsibilities for Nursery Practitioners
- Smiling – a lot,
- Having fun – a lot,
- Presenting yourself immaculately to parents.
- Keeping records on children and planning for their next steps.
- Having a positive outlook and supportive nature.
- To act as an ambassador for the nursery and promote a positive image of its aims and objectives.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedure
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
- Undertake the role of key person as described in the policy
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Notify designated officer of any safeguarding concerns
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, parents and carers
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure the company’s values are maintained
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
The duties and responsibilities included in this job specification are not exhaustive or restrictive and can be reviewed at any time in the future, changes and other duties deemed relevant to this post may be added.
Qualifications and Skills for Nursery Practitioners
- A minimum of a Full and relevant Level 3,4,5 or 6 childcare qualification
- Previous experience of childcare.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of safeguarding and of promoting the welfare of children.
- An ability to communicate effectively with excellent spoken and written English language, Excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements.
- Excellent and growing knowledge of child development and childcare.
- Passionate and vibrant personality
*Nursery Nurse* *Nursery Practitioner* *Nursery* *Nursery Nurse* *Nursery Practitioner* *Nursery* *Nursery Nurse* *Nursery Practitioner* *Nursery* *Nursery Nurse* *Nursery Practitioner* *Nursery*
Apply for Nursery Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly