Early Years teacher - Creche (18 mths to 2 yrs)
Kensington International Kindergarten
A national (British Chamber of Commerce Thailand 2018) award-winning Kindergarten, located west of the city, only a short distance (10 minutes) from the BTS (Skytrain) with easy access to the world-famous, historic and vibrant city of Bangkok! The area and local community are steeped in Thai tradition, set in lush greenery with a tranquil, peaceful atmosphere.
The school follows the EYFS and UK National Curriculum for children from 18 months – 6 years.
- The award-winning architectural design of the school, along with its educational ethos, are profoundly unique and continue to attract government and educational attention from throughout SE Asia. It is extremely well-resourced with special indoor facilities, a soft gym, library, ICT facilities and a room for cookery classes. In addition, state-of-the-art outdoor facilities include a swimming pool, splash pool, sandpit, playground, racing track and garden area.
The school aims to provide the highest standards of Early Years Education in Thailand. We provide a small, very friendly and professional community atmosphere, with Continuing Professional Development for the teaching team, who are always central to our priorities.
The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children can grow in confidence, ready to take on new challenges. Dedicated teachers work hard to create a stimulating environment through engaging activities and displays, and by following the children’s interests.
The school embraces its community and parents play an active role as they too become part of the ‘Kensington Family.’ Parent participation is recognised as an integral part of the education process, and they work closely with teachers to organise many different cultural and social events throughout the year.
Bangkok is an exciting, iconic city at the very heart of SE Asia and abounds with rich cultural experiences. Thailand offers excellent leisure and travel opportunities, with countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia and Myanmar, all just an hour away. The cost of living here is breathtakingly low and this wonderful ‘land of smiles’ has year-round warmth and sunshine. A beautiful, safe place to live and work, and a place that will stay in your heart forever!
Position: Early Years Creche Teacher (18mths to 2 yrs)
Kensington International Kindergarten seeks a fully qualified and inspirational EYFS teacher. Someone who has high expectations and a positive "can-do" style. The role involves being room Lead teacher to 2 TAs and 2 Nannies
The position is for full-time only, commencing 1st August 2019 (24 months contract).
Native level English speaker
BEd (Hons) with QTS or equivalent (level 6) OR University Degree with PGCE - This is required for a teaching work permit in Thailand. All applicants must be qualified to this level.
Good knowledge and experience of the EYFS
Experience of teaching children with EAL
· 24 months renewable contract.
· Competitive monthly salary based on qualifications and experience.
· Choice of free accommodation of fully furnished studio flat or housing allowance.
· Round-trip airfare to the international airport of your home country (at actual cost or maximum up to THB 32,000).
· Gratuity Bonus at the end of the contract
· Daily working days lunch.
· Health insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
· Teacher license and work permit are accommodated and funded.
· An opportunity to be part of a very professional team of educators.
Note: * Employment terms and conditions to be agreed before accepting work aboard.
** All successful applicants will be subject to reference checks, DBS checks and validation of qualifications.
If you are suitably qualified and experienced and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to helping students reach their full potential, please email your completed application form to beverley@kensington .ac.th
Applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by Skype (specific dates will be advised). If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have not been shortlisted.