Responsible to: Nursery Manager
We are looking for a Deputy Manager for a small day nursery in Beckton. As a Deputy Manager with the responsibilities of a Room Leader, you must have a good knowledge of the EYFS and have the ability to follow EYFS and Ofsted guidelines and maintain high standards within the nursery. You need to have the ability to effectively observe for children's individual needs and encourage your team to reach the same high standards. You need to be proactive in supporting the nursery manager in the day to day management of the nursery and staff and need to take lead in the Health and Safety and support the Nursery Manager in quality control at all levels. You need to have the ability to deal with enquires and have excellent communication skills with children, parents and staff as well as external agencies.
- A minimum of NVQ level 3 or higher in early years or an equivalent diploma
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in childcare and experienced in a room leader role
- Full Paediatric first aid, safeguarding and food hygiene certificates.
- Experience in participating in Ofsted inspections
- Background checks and a DBS will be required. Job offers will be dependent on a clear DBS check and 2 valid and up to date references.
- Sound knowledge of EYFS and OFSTED framework and standards and how to implement them in an early years setting
- Ability to establish supportive partnerships, which empower parents/carers and support children
- Ability to work on own initiative and as an effective team member
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about children’s development
- Ability to work as part of a team and own initiative.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks.
- Good customer awareness.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Commitment to understanding training and continued professional development.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- The nursery is open full time 7:30am-6:30pm. This position is for 40 hours per week and the salary includes 28 days paid annual leave.
- The nursery is within walking distance of Beckton Asda with excellent transport links to the DLR and bus stops within 5-10 minute walks and limited free parking.
- The nursery is located on Evelyn Dennington Road E6 5YU
- Abide by Seahorses Day Nursery’s Code of Conduct and all other Policies and Procedures at all times, maintaining a professional approach, behaviour and confidentiality at all times
- Act as a representative of your nursery and the Company, promoting a professional image at all times
- To have awareness of any legislation relating to your role.
- Show a willingness to undertake additional roles to meet the needs of the nursery, children and colleagues.
- Keep your job knowledge up to date through Company and external training, showing a commitment to professional development.
- Any other duties as required by the Nursery Manager within the scope and spirit of the role.
Uniform: Top Provided
Full Time: Varied 8 hour shifts (7.30-4.30 / 9.30-6.30)
Apply for Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly