Scribbles Nursery is located in East Finchley, close to excellent transport links.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Nursery Assistant to join our team. You need to be committed to providing childcare of the highest quality and be keen to progress and develop your own knowledge and skills and achieve a childcare qualification.
- You will receive a staff uniform and 28 days holiday per annum.
- The nursery closes for a week at Easter and between Christmas and New Year and for 4 training days annually. Training is provided regularly on core skills such as child protection, first aid, food hygiene and staff have the opportunity to further increase their knowledge through inhouse and external training programmes such as Early Talk Boost. Makaton, Moving Matters and a variety of other training provided by Barnet council.
- The setting has Children's Food Trust Accreditation and the Wild Challenge Gold Award and is currently in the process of achieving the Healthy Early Years London Award and Makaton friendly setting.
- We are a friendly team and also like to socialise with trips to the theatre, going out for meals and drinks for example, so if you would like to join us then please apply.
What do our parents say about us;
We love the warm and welcoming atmosphere in the nursery. Everyone is very friendly and hard working. The kids learn a lot and have a good variety of activities inside and out including great trips to the theatre, woods, church, seaside etc.
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the base room. To ensure care given is of highest quality and be a role model for best practice.
- To work in partnership with Parents
You Will Need The Following Qualifications, Training And Experience
- Experience of working with children is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A first aid qualification is preferred but not essential as training will be given
- This position will require a current DBS check