Forest School Assistant
Forest School Assistant at 100 place private nursery
- Annual Salary: £19,000- £20,000
- Working week: 40 hours
- Experience: Level 3 Qualified Forest School Training and 1+ year’s experience in a forest school class.
- Location: Mill Hill, North London
Are you passionate about early years education, the outdoors and connecting children back to nature? Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation.
We are looking for a Forest School Nursery Assistant who has room leader and forest school experience to join our FANTASTIC brand new purpose built nursery in Mill Hill, North London, with its own animal farm/ vegetable patch and amazing outside space!!!!
As a Forest School Assistant you will be tasked with supporting the Forest School Leader with the smooth running of the day in the forest. You will directly report to the Forest School Lead and liaise with them daily about logistics, routines and required tasks. You will be co-responsible for ensuring the safety, safeguarding and well-being of the children and animals in the forest school.
You will role model and promote the setting's philosophy and ethos, showing creativity and high-energy. You will mentor and guide staff to scaffold an environment for child-led, play-based learning.
What we are looking for in our Forest School Assistant
- Experience working with 3 months-5 year olds
- Ofsted inspection experience
- Forest school or outdoor Level 3 Qualification and experience of running a forest school class for 2 years +
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses initiative
- An individual who is passionate about creating new and exciting learning environments.
We believe in supporting our staff and validating their hard work with a range of benefits:
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Career progression opportunities with three half day training sessions available for each staff member to book onto to support professional development
- Professional development with in-house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry
- Social events throughout the year
- Use of activity trackers daily for all staff
- Perk Box staff benefits scheme which offer a range of benefits
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Belmont Farm Nursery School, try our website on www.belmontfarmnurseryschool.co.uk. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply for Forest School Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly