Teaching Assistant (EYFS)
- Contract Type
Teaching Assistant (EYFS)
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspiring Teaching Assistant to join our brand new nursery. The Nursery Hub team will be responsible for creating the best possible learning experience for children in a loving and friendly atmosphere as well as delivering outstanding and inspirational early years provision. We are looking for talented individuals who want to be part of this exciting new venture as follows:
Your role will include:
- Supporting he learning of children in the early years classes, including undertaking occasional class cover as directed.
- Working under the direction of a Principal and the class teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes of children, including setting up and developing learning opportunities in the indoor and outdoor classrooms.
- Playing a full part in the early years team including monitoring and assessing pupils progress and reporting on their progress.
- Monitoring, assessing and supporting children that have additional needs as required.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful applicant will:
- An engaging person who is able to interest, encourage and motivate children
- A team worker, who is able to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- A tactful and diplomatic person with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience of working with and caring for children of relevant age, supporting their learning;
- Ideally, an NVQ3 or NNEB qualification (or equivalent) in Early Years and Childcare;
- An understanding of the key requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the ability to support learning and development of young children.
Informal conversations are welcomed and visits to our academies are highly encouraged. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence, or for further information, please contact R.King@harrisprimarykenthouse.org.uk
Please follow the link to download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Nursery Hub Peckham
Harris Nursery Hub Peckham provides education and care for 2 to 4 year old children within a beautifully converted building at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park. The nursery, which will operate independently from the Academy, will be open from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm for 51 weeks per year, and staff will be able to take full advantage of the newly designed classrooms set across two floors, dedicated sensory room superb all-weather garden area and fully equipped nursery kitchen. Located within the heart of the community we offer high quality teaching and learning experiences for children. With the support of our sponsors we can off free full time places for 2-4 year olds, 51 weeks a year 5 days a week.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!