Nursery Lead Practitioner
The Nursery Lead Practitioner is a qualified Early Years professional required to be a room leader and key worker for children aged 1-2, or 2-3, years in our nursery setting.
You will perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environment, supervising staff and imparting knowledge and skills to others.
To support the management team as a creative and reflective leader, able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and effective learning, appropriate achievement and educational, social and personal progress of all children, consistent with the aims of the school and the unique needs of each individual.
- Be a room leader in our Nursery, responsible for the day to day running of designated room
- Contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive indoor and outdoor enabling environment for all children to develop and learn through play
- Deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in designated room whilst supporting other rooms
- Lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities
- Reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day
- Lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively
- Coach and mentor nursery practitioners to deliver high quality childcare
- Assist with the monitoring of staff performance
Location: Dame Bradbury's, Saffron Walden
Hours of Work
Core hours: 0730 - 1700 (one day until 1800) in our year round Nursery
Please apply directly through our online recruitment portal by clicking the Apply button.
We are unable to accept CVs as a method of application.
The Stephen Perse Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.