Nursery Practitioner - new opening
Maggie & Rose is a private members club for families, with clubs in London, Hong Kong, China, Singapore and further expansion in progress. We provide a home away from home for families, run amazingly creative classes for little ones and put on the best kid’s parties ever.
Our Nursery team are the core of our Village Nursery and all our practitioners are responsible for providing the highest levels of care, education and attention for the children attending the nursery.
You are responsible for identifying and meeting the individual needs of the children in your care. Throughout your work, you will build positive relationships with children, staff, parents, and carers.
You will also thrive on living by our core values; Be Extraordinary, Think Visually, Support & Nursery and Inspire Creativity.
As a Nursery Practitioner at Maggie & Rose you will
- Create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Share responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room or group, following systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
- Reflect on your practice and daily routines and share ideas for improvement with your group members
- Contribute to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities, helping to ensure rooms are well-resourced and creatively set up
- Contribute to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, helping to ensure records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively
- Remain vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures, e.g. fire procedures, routines for dropping off and collecting children
- Provide feedback and work in partnership with parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life
- Respect and value all colleagues, creating a positive working environment
- Cooperate and work effectively with the Room Leader and management team, taking on additional responsibilities
- Work flexibly as part of a larger team, assisting and supporting colleagues, wherever required, in order to ensure the smooth running of the company
What super powers will you have
- You’ll have a Level 3 in Childcare (or equivalent) or be working towards your qualification
- A passion for teaching and looking after little ones
- The ability to resource creatively, invent new activities for children and encourage learning and development
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding
- Pro-active, inquisitive nature
We take child safeguarding very seriously and follow safer recruitment procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion or colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.