Deputy Nursery Manager
Maggie & Rose is a family lifestyle brand that originates from the first family members’ club established by Maggie Bolger and Rose Astor in London in September 2006. From the first Kensington club offering a beautiful, creative space for children and parents, it has now become a lucrative British global brand, boasting sites across London, Hong Kong, mainland China, Singapore and expansion plans for more sites worldwide.
The Deputy Nursery Manager is an experience, qualified childcare professional who plays an important role in the leadership team in the Village Nursery to raise standards and proactively support the Nursery Manager. This role is based full-time in the nursery and you will spend most of your time on the nursery floor mentoring practitioners to ensure that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
What the role involves:
• Promoting high standards of quality within the nursery and the environment.
• Ensuring that resources and experiences offers to children are in line with the Maggie & Rose ethos and approach to Early Years Education.
• Ensuring that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Ensuring that children are kept safe and that staff understand and follow Safeguarding procedures
• Assisting the Nursery Manager with the effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
• Maintaining effective methods of communication with children, staff, parents & carers
• Developing positive working relationships with staff
• Responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in Nursery Management
• Experience of mentoring a large team in a high-end Nursery environment • Experience of compiling monthly rolling staff rotas
• A passion for Early Years Education
• An up-to-date knowledge of EYFS, Ofsted and any other relevant curriculums and professional bodies
• Ability to work effectively with computerised systems
• An up and coming leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate others in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of dealing effectively with people at all levels
What we offer:
• A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
• Daytime hours, our club closes at 7pm.
• A much more exciting work environment than a normal events company
• Membership of our club for you and your family as a perk.
• Staff discount on food & drink.
• Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
*We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. A DBS check will be required for this role.