Deputy Nursery Manager
Are you a level 3 Nursery Practitioner with Senior Leadership experience?
Are you looking for a Childcare organisation who wants to make a positive different to its community and its families?
The nursery team have a very strong bond and parents often feedback how much they love Marks Gate is heavily involved with the community. As our new deputy manager, you will work directly with the Nursery Manager to ensure procedures are adhered to and the Nursery is consistently promoting LEYF values. You will be an inspirational leader to a fantastic team in a friendly and creative setting. As an applicant you must have senior experience in a group setting, supervising staff and demonstrating great knowledge and experience of the EYFS. The role requires you to manage and develop the nursery team whilst undertaking administrative and IT duties of the nursery including collection of fees, nursery database, purchasing and receipts.
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Strong knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and the ability to take the lead in vulnerable situations when required.
- Senior experience working in an early year's setting
- To be a confident leader, articulating your ideas and using planning and preparation to ensure their success.
- To distribute staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios whilst supporting other rooms.
- To champion LEYF's values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulateWe know it's our people who make LEYF great. That's why we value each staff member and offer:
- What's in it for you:
- Make a difference to the children who need it the most
- Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
- 50% off of childcare
- £750 refer a friend bonus
- Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
- Full access to LEYF Academy - minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
- 10% GLL Gym discount
- 7% employer contribution towards pension
- Guaranteed salary increase after probation
- Overtime pay
- Annual travel loan
- Free life assurance
- Access to our work life support services
- Flexible working
- Access to LEYF social events; New Year's Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ#LPindeed
The London Early Years (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Apply today! Our dedicated recruitment team will be in touch!