Deputy Nursery Manager (fixed term contract)
Salary and benefits: £26,000 plus benefits and £2,000 joining bonus*
Hours: 41.25 a week
Overview of the role
We are looking for a Deputy Manager for our Nursery and Preschool in Croydon. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming and highly respected team who are truly at the heart of the local community. All our settings are well appointed to the best quality standards with bright and spacious rooms, modern facilities and a custom made garden.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Room Leader, Room-Based Assistant Manager or current Deputy looking for a new challenge to work as a team with the Nursery Manager. You will be embedding Quality Practice from the outset and provide an outstanding service at every level.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary: Up to £26,000 per year
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Monthly rewards and high street discounts
- Refer a friend bonus
- Up to 40% childcare discounts
- Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
- Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and early years quality training and mentoring
Qualifications and experience
- NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- 3 years' post-qualification experience and at least 2 years’ relevant management experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Up-to-date first aid and safeguarding training
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a staff team
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills, energy and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Passion for delivering outstanding childcare and learning
- Fennies Day Nurseries is committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post. Some of the information that we request is for this purpose.
Please note that Fennies are a Private Day Nurseries and therefore unfortunately are unable to offer term time opportunities.