Nursery Deputy Manager
An independent medium sized private day nursery in Chiswick,WEST LONDON is looking for a Nursery Deputy Manager to lead the established team and grow the nursery bringing your experience and passion to this setting. This nursery is easily commutable from Hammersmith, White City, Acton and surrounding areas.
In order to be considered for this position you will need to have experience as a Nursery Deputy Manager.
The ideal candidate for Nursery Deputy Manager:
- You will be confident and competent to support the Manager in the daily running of the nursery to a high standard and be able to manage effectively in the manager’s absence.
- You will understand the challenges the role presents on a daily basis and will be confident and willing to deal with issues as they arise.
Job Description for Nursery Deputy Manager:
Objectives of the Post
- To work under the direction of the Manager and deputise in her absence.
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high quality establishment for children from birth to 5 years.
- To provide high standards of childcare and education - to include the monitoring and reviews of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- Assist in the leading and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- To direct and support staff as agreed by the Nursery Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
- up to 80% room based, up to 20% office based depending on staff ratios
- To assist the manager in setting and implementing objectives and policies for the nursery
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to both parents, staff and visitors
- To support staff in overall planning and organisation of daily activities
- To monitor children’s learning and development and staff performance
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring staff compliance and awareness
- To be responsible for Safeguarding in the nursery and ensuring staff compliance with safeguarding policy practice and procedure.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To assist the Manager in showing parents around the nursery facilities and sending out information
- To assist with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with registration, place allocation, and other related matters
- To liaise with outside professionals/agencies as and when required
- To maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Nursery Manager
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
If you require more information, please call Shama on 07983 707 910.