At ONI we empower scientist to take their research to the next level with cutting edge hardware, precision sample preparation and next generation analysis tools. Our flagship product, the Nanoimager, is the world’s first desktop super resolution microscope capable of observing individual molecules within living cells. Since spinning out from Oxford University in 2016, we have rapidly grown a dynamic and diverse team of 100. In order to change the world of scientific research we are trying to attract the best talent and at the same time provide safety and security for our employees with young families. As such we have built a completely new on-site nursery to ensure that those with young families can keep their treasured children close and at a subsidised cost.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Early Years Practitioner with supervisory experience. We are looking for a proactive person, able to manage the day-to-day running of the brand-new nursery opening in 2019. The successful person will help with the initial set up and be responsible for building occupancy and creating a friendly, engaging and happy environment.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Initial set-up tasks of the nursery
- Responsibility for the efficient day to day running of the nursery and overall delivery of a high-quality service
- Ensure that the nursery provides a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- Ensure that the nursery plans an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- Ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- Manage, supervise and support the nursery staff, including nursery staff appraisals and identifying staff training needs
- Ensure that all nursery staff understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- Undertake and assign designated officer roles
- Organise and participate in the key person system
- Ensure all records are properly maintained in accordance with the policies and procedures of the company
- Liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- Work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery aims and objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent.
- Paediatric First Aid
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience, working in a Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior role.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
- Empathy and understanding of children under five.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Effective team leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to coordinate in a specific specialist area e.g. SENCO, safer recruitment.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Personal private health insurance
- 5% Employer Pension contribution
- Subsidised nursery cost
- Free onsite parking
- A brilliant, welcoming team
This role will require a DBS check at enhanced level and two satisfactory references.