Nursery Manager required for our client a lovely setting based in the Ascot area.
Required Qualifications: NNEB, NVQ III or equivalent. Minimum five years’ experience
Ensure the safety and well being of all children in the manager’s care resulting in the total avoidance of preventable accidents and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction amongst all parents.
Directly manage the Nursery and its staff with a target of full roles and a planned waiting list.
Contribute effectively to management team promoting the nurseries and maintaining a high level of communication across all personnel.
- Nursery Management
- Recruit, manage and train all Nursery staff to foster good morale, high reputation and to ensure all regulatory standards are met.
- Manage and monitor Nursery standards to ensure compliance and positive reports from all regulatory inspections.
- To closely monitor all personnel within the Nursery to ensure there is a high level of awareness of company policies and procedures.
- As the company’s prime contact with parents, ensure their full satisfaction through appropriate information and feedback.
- Foster the continued improvement of all the Nurseries through contribution at the monthly management meetings and other management forums.
- Actively manage and report on current Nursery occupancy, and six monthly future forecasting.
Administration and Planning
- Undertake the necessary Nursery administration to ensure smooth running, on time reports and maximum income and minimum costs.
- Foster social and educational stimulation through curriculum planning based age and stages of development within a happy and secure environment.
- To implement and maintain routines within each area of the Nursery.
- To maintain a well organised and up to date computer and paper filing system to ensure information is easily accessible.
Health and Safety
- Implement all company health and safety procedures to ensure the well being of children and staff within the establishment.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out to prevent accidents among children, staff, parents and other persons entering the premises.
- Ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained, by staff cleaning and sterilising of equipment and recording information as evidence.
- To organise and carry out regular fire drills to ensure all staff are aware of the procedures.
- To ensure accidents within the establishment are recorded appropriately in accident books and information relayed to parents.
- To allocate staff to regularly check electrical appliances to ensure they are in good working order.
- To hold regular room and staff meetings to ensure the smooth running of the Nursery.
- To maintain a good level of communication to senior management on everyday occurrences within the establishment.
- To ensure all staff follow company procedures for daily communications to and from parents.
- Ensure parents are kept up to date with events, changes and programmes through monthly/quarterly newsletters.
- Report all maintenance requirements to the operations manager to ensure their immediate attention.
They offer very competitive salaries and generous staff benefits including;
- Qualification Training
- Social Events
- Travel and Expenses for training
- Reduced / Free Parking at Nurseries
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Childcare discounts
- Staff Training
They promote continuous professional development for all staff. They ensure that all staff receive regular updates on mandatory training including first aid, food hygiene and child protection. Designated persons for safeguarding and SEND attend relevant training courses and updates.
Tigerlily Recruitment want to help you to make the right choice in your next career move. If you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply ASAP for an informal and confidential chat.
We cater for all Early Years jobs and currently have Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, QTS, Montessori, Room Leader and Early Years Practitioner / Nursery Nurse vacancies.