Early Years Practitioner Level 2/3
Early Years Practitioner level 2/3 in a Scandinavian style pre-school in Camberwell
Mulberry Outdoor, a Scandinavian style Pre-School focusing on education through nature, are looking to fill a role immediately for an Early Years Practitioner to join them in their beautiful Urban Outdoor setting. We are located within Myatt’s Fields Park, Lambeth, London.
We are a team of local Early Years Educators, with a passion for getting children involved with nature and the environment, creatively incorporating the Early Years curriculum. We are predominantly outdoor, with a beautiful base set in a magical park. We use the natural calendar of nature within our approach. The indoor base and our garden give us a good balance and a fluidity of the indoors to outdoors.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and hard-working Early Years Practitioner to join our friendly team in our Outdoor Pre-school. A minimum qualification of level 2/3 is required, along with your current DBS Certificate. Forest School level training & Paediatric First Aid Qualification are an advantage, but can be provided.
We have a fantastic nursery setting within a park and as most of the day is spent outdoors, we need someone who shows a real passion for outdoor activities and education and will continue to build on our mission and ethos. You must be willing to work in an outside setting in all weathers throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children aged 2-5.
The role will provide a unique opportunity to shape your next phase of growth. You would be joining us at a really exciting time in our evolution as we seek new premises to expand our concept. Members of our team will also be embarking on Forest School Leader training in Surrey from October, so this will be an opportunity for the successful applicant to also take part in.
What does the role involve?
- To assist with the development and delivering of activities
- Ensure all participants are engaged and having fun in a safe environment.
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching the Urban Outdoor school experience to children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a keen interest and experience of working outdoors and has some experience on forest schools programmes
- Enjoys working with children
- Is enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, prompt, helpful and supportive.
- Will enjoy being part of a positive and committed team
- Is confident and outgoing with excellent communications skills
- Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
- Summer Bonus
- Mulberry Outdoor Scandinavian warm/waterproof clothing
- Rate of pay: competitive salary
- Location: Lambeth, London
- Full Time