Reception Class Teaching Assistant
Reception Class Teaching Assistant
Rosemary Works School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled Reception Class Teaching Assistant to join our team for September 2019. A committed and inspiring EYFS practitioner, you will join a well-resourced school committed to quality Early Years pedagogy.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for someone innovative and aspiring to join a team committed to developing teaching and learning in a popular and leading Preparatory School.
Our early years is part of a through school educating children aged 3-11 years. We are situated on the borders of Hackney and Islington with easy access to parks, the famous Regents Canal and all the wonderful places of interest that London offers. Look at our website to get a feel for the school.
We have a strong underpinning in delivering high-quality early years education.
We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children and an inspiring curriculum to match.
The successful candidate will be appointed as an Early Years Educator for pupils within our Early Years setting.
At Rosemary Works School we offer:
- A nurturing and all-round academic school, unique in its context;
- Motivated, well-rounded and excited children, eager to learn;
- A team of motivated, committed and talented staff
- A small, friendly working environment giving you the freedom to realise your potential.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning, and it is desirable that the successful candidate has experience of phonics teaching (preferably Read, Write, Inc.).
We are looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate successful experience in a Reception Class setting, especially regarding the successful management of behaviour within a class setting.
- Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Class Teacher to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
- Under the guidance of the Class Teacher, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- At the direction of Class Teacher, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
- Be familiar with using technology to undertake pupil observations making insightful notes that inform future planning and delivery. (We use Tapestry)
- Undertake pupil observations making insightful notes that inform future planning and delivery.
- Liaise with parents, members of staff and pupils at a personable but professional level.
To apply: Please click the apply button to be redirected to the school application page. Please fill out the form, and upload your CV and a short covering letter to be considered for the role.
The closing date for applications is 5th July 2019
We urge you to come and see us. Send us an email or give us a call to arrange a visit.
Rosemary Works School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.