Deputy Nursery Manager
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Deputy Nursery Manager to join a BRAND NEW NURSERY and be pivotal in supporting the setting.
You will be someone who has a strong ability to support a Nursery Manager with all aspects of the operations of a setting, with a strong focus on delivering outstanding childcare and education to families within your care.
As the Deputy Nursery Manager you will offer strong leadership to all members of your team, within a progressive, supportive and nurturing environment, you will have the ability to inspire and motivate them to deliver best practice at every level.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and coordinating stimulating and inspiring activities for the children across the nursery
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in the day to day operations of the nursery
- Effectively leading and managing a staff team including recruitment and retention. Providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
- Ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Supporting the Manager to effectively manage the budgets and ensure occupancy targets are met and maintained at all times
- Communicating with the Nursery Manager on the progress and the outcomes of the children
- Assisting with the monitoring of staff performance across the nursery
- Managing all day to day operations of the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understand of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
- Previous relevant supervisory experience.
- Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with on-going support and career development.
The role offers the following benefits:
- A competitive salary package with annual performance related reviews
- FREE company Uniform including a super warm fleece
- A personal development plan to help you reach your goals and targets
- Five, fully paid, in house training days each and every year
- Having your Birthday off work, fully paid, to relax!
- Annual 'Superstar Awards Day' to celebrate individual and team achievements
- Full support for professional development from Level 2 to Degree
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression
- Staff pension with a contribution from us going into your pot
- A Bupa Health care package including 1000's of savings and discounts from all the major brands
- 50% off your childcare fees
- Organised team social events to strengthen working relationships
- Bonus scheme to recognise great attendance
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
For more information, please contact us or send us your CV to be considered for the position.