Head of Family Experience - Award Winning Outdoor Nursery
Head of Family Experience required for an award-winning social enterprise.
Little Forest Folk are fully outdoor forest nurseries that immerse two to five-year-olds in nature, helping them become creative, resilient little learners.
We are an exciting and forward thinking organisation offering a new type of educational experience for families in London. We started in 2015 with one nursery and now have six nurseries and a primary school across London offering a child-led, play-based learning experience.
We believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong character and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and curious little learners. They are a wonder to see and inspire us on a daily basis.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to play an integral role in our central team as we grow and expand the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with at least four years’ experience in customer-facing operations roles to use their initiative to help us bring the benefits of an outdoor education to as many children as possible.
You will be dynamic, organised and detail-oriented to ensure that we are providing a world-class experience for our Little Forest Folk families, from enrolment through to leaving. Working closely with our admin guru, nursery managers and back office operations team, you will play a key part in the smooth running of the nurseries by managing enrolments, availability, leavers, daily communications with parents and weekly newsletter communications.
You will be the first point of call to families, so confidence, professionalism and excellent communication skills are a must, as well as a strong commitment and promotion of the Little Forest Folk ethos and vision.
You will enjoy the social aspect of working in a team, but also be a self-starter and able to work independently, with strong administrative, organisational and time management skills. You will be a fast-learner, tech-savvy, enjoy problem-solving and thrive working in a busy role within a fast-paced environment.
Location: This flexible will role will be split between our office, where our central team comes together two days a week and working remotely three days a week.
Hours: 40 hours per week - flexible working patterns
- Experience in a customer-focussed role
- Experience in a start-up or small yet growing organisation
- Experience working in an nursery or other education setting is desirable
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Flexibility, takes initiative, and has the ability to work with others towards a shared purpose
- A strong commitment to the ethos of Little Forest Folk
- An independent self-starter who is confident working remotely & autonomously
- Ambitious, with a desire to develop your own skills in line with a growing business
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Between £28,000 - £31,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexible working: The ability to work from home provides a wonderful work-life balance - less commuting time and costs!
- 20 days annual leave in addition to the bank holidays, and an additional day every year on your work anniversary up to 5 years. You also get a paid day off on your birthday, and an opportunity to earn up to 3 days of additional leave
We offer incredible career growth opportunities due to the rapid growth of our venture. This is an opportunity to join our team at a stage of development to really put your stamp on the business.