Head of Pre-school - £500 starting bonus!
Head of Pre-school
A new branch of ‘Katey's Nursery & Pre-school' is opening in Hampton Court, and looking for an exceptional Head of Pre-school to join their Outstanding team.
Our Hampton Court branch will open its doors in July 2019 and will offer day-care for children aged 3 months to 5 years, Monday to Friday, 49 weeks a year.
Salary: £20,872.80 - £26,091.00 GROSS P/A
Working hours: 36 – 45 hours per week
Qualities you must have:
- Very strong communication skills with children, parents, manager & staff
- Competent computer skills (email, Office etc)
- The ability to be a valuable part of a team
- Experienced at implementing the EYFS in nursery settings
- Ability to use your experience and professionalism to build on our good work
- Insistence on high standards of care and education
- Enthusiastic with a love for children and for developing their learning
- Ability to share your ideas for planning and activities
- Ability to make the room a wonderful place to be for the children-and staff
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager
- Supporting the Nursery Manager /Deputy Nursery Manager/ and organising the planning of activities in the Baby’s classroom.
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
- Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager/ and participating in staff meetings. • Care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Providing a good role model for Nursery Nurses and Students.
- Providing feedback to the Nursery Manger/ Deputy Nursery Manager on issues relating to the nursery day.
- Addressing staff and parent queries.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Assisting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager participating in arranging regular children's outings.
Apply for Head of Pre-school - £500 starting bonus!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly