I am currently working with a lovely nursery in the Coulsdon, Surrey area, which is part of a fantastic nursery group. The nursery is looking to appoint Level 2 & Level 3 Nursery Practitioners, on a permanent basis, to start as soon as possible. To be considered for the role, you will need to hold a minimum Level 2 qualification in Childcare, Education and Learning, and ideally have experience within a Nursery setting.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience working with children of all ages and providing good standards of care & education.
- The nursery nurse must understand and respect the need for consistency of care for children, to include assistance in providing a safe, supportive & caring environment.
- They will be involved in developing and delivering a high quality, stimulating, creative and welcoming environment for the children within the nursery.
- They will be a good communicator with children, parents and other staff, being polite and courteous at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality about all issues relating to children and their families; your own and other staff members issues & any other management or operational issues.
- This is a role that would enable the successful candidate to make a real impact on the nursery.
- To be a proactive member of a staff team who provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery.
- To be hands-on in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by the Nursery Manager.
- To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by the Nursery Manager.
- To be up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements. To also ensure equality amongst children and staff is observed.
- To ensure clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes the daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing, meal times & other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To ensure all company policies, procedures and frameworks are fully understood & adhered to at all times. To also maintain OFSTED standards and legal requirements.
- To attend regular supervision and training as agreed with the Nursery Manager, which may be outside of work hours. Have a willingness to continue their own professional development.
The nursery is conveniently located in Coulsdon, Surrey and is only a short walk away from Woodmansterne train station. Local bus routes are also available. The nursery is the newest branch to have been opened and is a lovely setting, very welcoming with friendly staff and a very down to earth Manager that looks after her staff.
You MUST have the following -
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Childcare / equivalent
- Previous nursery experience required
- Understanding of EYFS regulations
- Good communication skills verbal and written, fluent in English. Other languages spoken will be advantageous.
- Positive attitude
- Creative and ambitious
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Benefits –
- Uniform provided
- 24 days holiday including 3 days off over Christmas and your birthday
- Free on-site parking
- Training provided and paid for – Over 90 courses to choose from
- Staff bonding nights – Once a month (Food, drink, etc)
- Progression opportunities
- Working minimum 40 hours a week over 4 or 5 days a week
Salary is negotiable depending on your qualifications and experience, £17,000 - £18,000 per annual for Level 2 and £18,000 - £19,000 for Level 3.
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check *all positions are subject to a clean DBS; 2 references and salaries are based on your experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration please email your CV as soon as possible.
**All internal staff at Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained**
Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the opportunities available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available.