Live-Out Nanny Share Position
Live-Out Nanny Share Position - East Dulwich
A live-out nanny share position in East Dulwich, to care for 2 one year old girls (born Sept and Nov ’18). The role will be based between the two family homes and is full-time, approx. 55hours, Monday – Friday (Mon – Thurs share, Friday sole charge), starting in September 2019. The role covers all aspects of the children’s care and development. This includes preparing healthy, balanced meals and organising activities to support the all-round development of the children, including their emotional, social and educational development.
The ideal candidate should be pro-active, full of energy, loving, reliable, tidy and have experience with similar aged children, be a non-smoker and be proficient in English.
The role will be to provide complete care for the children, performing all tasks that correlate to this, creating a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which they can thrive and develop.
The role requires someone who is pro-active, organised and can use their initiative. The ideal candidate will bring lots of creativity, imagination, inquisitiveness and warmth to the role, to create a varied and stimulating environment. They will organise activities, both in and out of the home, to support the emotional, social, and physical development of the children.
The right candidate will have experience with similar aged children and have an awareness of established child development practices or have qualifications in early years. They should have a genuine interest in working with children, taking pride in the children’s development and growth. They must be a good communicator with both parents and children and show their passion in their chosen career through kindness and creativity. Ultimately, the role is to ensure both children feel loved, respected, safe and confident and are provided appropriate opportunities for them to explore and develop.
The nanny will be responsible for caring for the 2 girls, the hours of works are as below:
8am – 6pm Monday to Thursday
7.30am – 7pm on Fridays
There are also additional hours of 7.30am-8am and 6pm – 7pm 2 days a week, these are both to work with one family
There may be some flexibility in these hours for the right candidate.
The wrap-around hours include dropping off their eldest daughter and morning/bedtime routines, and the Friday core hours are sole charge.
The nanny will be required to start working with one family in September 2019 and the other family will join in the following weeks until the role is fully established in November 2019. Further details to be provided to potential candidates.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, enriching and safe environment
- Interact energetically with the children, both indoors and outdoors
- Arrange activities, playdates, take the children to pre-agreed classes and spend large portions of time outside playing and exploring
- Liaise with parents on the weekly schedule and the activities you have planned and keep them informed on developmental progress
- Identify the next developmental milestones of each child and plan and lead age, stage, ability and interest focussed activities to support their wellbeing, self-confidence and development of these milestones
- Supervise independent play
- Plan and prepare healthy, nutritious meals and ensure the children are fed and watered throughout the day
- Role model and encourage strong social manners and teach and reinforce good behaviour. When necessary, discipline the children in a fair, clear and consistent manner, as discussed with the parents
- Dress the children when required, change nappies and toilet train at the appropriate time
- Perform light housework related to their care, including washing their clothes, cleaning up after meals and tidying play areas.
This list is not exhaustive, but is indicative of the role requirements.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience looking after babies/toddlers
- Awareness of childhood development and the EYFS curriculum
- Ability to plan, organise, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Ability to cook healthy, homemade meals from scratch. Ideally someone with a genuine interest in good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle
- Training and qualifications in early childhood education is a plus
- Being able to play a musical instrument is a plus, but not essential
- Being able to teach a second language is a plus, but not essential
- English proficiency
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for young children
- Authorisation to work in the U.K.
- Enhanced DBS (CRB) checked, First aid/ child and infant CPR certified
- Willingness to get Ofsted registered if required
Apply for Live-Out Nanny Share Position
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly