TITLE OF POST: NURSERY ASSISTANT
HOURS: 40 Hours per week working 4 days
ACCOUNTABLE TO: MANAGER/ DEPUTY MANAGER
To provide high quality care and education for children aged 6 months – 5 years ensuring a child-centred environment where children are looked after in a safe, caring and stimulating way, ensuring their individual needs are met within a group setting. To promote a solid foundation of good practice and knowledge of the EYFS 2017. To work as a valued member of the nursery team maintaining a professional relationship between you, staff and parents at all times. To adhere to all policies and procedures of the nursery at all times.
The requirements listed below outline the short-listing criteria used, so please ensure that you complete your application form fully, explaining how you feel you meet each area of the criteria either through training or your experiences through your workplace.
- You are required to have a recognised level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare.
- Have full knowledge of the current EYFS framework.
- Have sufficient knowledge on safeguarding procedures.
- Have sound knowledge of health and safety issues
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Implement effective equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice
- Use both verbal and written communication skills with staff and parents/carers.
- Use initiative
- Have a good understanding of how to implement ICT as you will be tested on this at your interview
- Ensure you promote high quality service
- Maintain personal and professional boundaries
- Able to be flexible
- A sense of humour
- Approachable, Reliable and conscientious
- Personal hygiene
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- You will then be asked to read a story with the children
- A short basic ICT test will be carried out
- You will have a panel interview
1) Must have a minimum of one-year work experience with children.
2) Recent experience of planning, education and play opportunities for children 0-5 years
3) Evidence of commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
For further information, please see the attached job description.
To apply, please send your up-to-date CV.