Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
Location: Peckham, London
Ofsted Rated: Good
Hours: Full time position
A great opportunity has become available at our K&O childcare nursery. We are looking for an experienced Nursery Manager with a vibrant enthusiasm for Early Years, with values to drive and lead our vibrant and passionate team and ensuring high quality care and learning opportunities for all children.
As a Nursery Manager at K&O, you will be responsible for overseeing and embedding quality education and care through our setting. Responsible for interactions with other professionals and developing positive partnerships with our families. Our managers are key to progressing our Staff and should have a passionate desire to enable the development of the Nursery team. This should be matched with experience of performance management of and the appraisal process.
Our managers are expected to have the ability to manage appropriate nursery budgets, monitor spending and take responsibility for all financial and administrative tasks.
The Nursery is proud to have a small, friendly team that offers opportunities for continual progression.
- We offer numerous training opportunities through accredited training organisations, as well as in house training.
- Annual Leave: 28 days per year - after 2 years service we offer an extra day per year (capped at 5 days)
- Level 3 or above child care qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing an early years’ setting
- A strong desire to influence positive change when required through role modelling the K&O values; Brave, Fun, Inspiring and Nurturing
- Childcare qualifications minimum level 3.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing an early years’ setting
- Experience in maintaining good/outstanding Ofsted inspection outcome.
- Experience of effective management of staff, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Ofsted registration requirements.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and statutory requirements including health and safety and safeguarding children.
- Understanding of budget management and facilitating sustainable settings.
- A strong leader who role models’ good practice
- Adaptable to the needs of the Nursery and organisation
- Ability to flex management style to build strong nurturing relationships with the Nursery team and director.
- Ability to use a coaching approach when developing staff.
- The ability to build strong lasting relationships with Parents through pedagogical conversations.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection
- To be a confident leader and be able to articulate their ideas and using planning to their success
- Continuing to strive for the best practice for themselves and others
To apply for this role, please send a Cover Letter with your CV.