Deputy Manager for Award-Winning Full-time Outdoor Nursery
2 days left
- Contract Type
Come and join our beautiful fully outdoor forest nurseries, where we are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary early years learning experience, to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
We are looking for a Deputy Nursery Manager with leadership experience and a passion for the outdoors and connecting children back to nature, to join our Outstanding and award-winning team.
As a Deputy Nursery Manager, you will ensure the smooth running of the day in the forest and at the indoor site. Directly reporting to the manager on site, you'll liaise with them daily about logistics, routines and required tasks to support them with daily operations. You will be co-responsible for ensuring the safety, safeguarding and well-being of the children and staff, and will step up to lead teams in the absence of the manager. You will role model and promote the setting's philosophy and ethos, and support the team to provide wonderful and dynamic opportunities for the children to learn and grow.
In such an exciting and growing organisation, there are plenty opportunities for development and internal growth.
Salary: £24,500-£27,000, dependent upon experience.
Start: October/November - for a 12 month fixed term maternity cover
What we are looking for in our ideal deputy:
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS/PGCE
- Experience as a manager or deputy in a nursery setting
- Forest School training is desirable but not essential
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Experience of implementing the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses initiative
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
- The opportunity to work for a week in the beautiful Tuscany
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in-house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry
- A fit, healthy, active job
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Little Forest Folk, feel free to find us on Facebook or try our website. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Privacy notice for job applicants can be found on our website here: http://www.littleforestfolk.com/careers/
Apply for Deputy Manager for Award-Winning Full-time Outdoor Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly