Early Years Teacher/ Educational Leader (EYTS/QTS) for Forest School Nursery
3 days left
- Contract Type
Little Forest Folk are looking for an inspirational, qualified teacher who is passionate about self-directed education within a natural environment to join our team as our Early Years Teacher/ Educational Leader.
Come and join our beautiful fully outdoor forest nurseries, where we are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary child-led and play-based early years learning experience, to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with early years experience or newly qualified teachers who are passionate about early years education and the outdoors, to join an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation, recognised by the Queen for their innovation.
We follow the core Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and incorporate learning in a safe and secure outdoor environment, where free play, fresh air, exposure to the natural world and physical activity are an integral part of learning. We believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong character and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and curious little learners.
In this exciting role, you'll work in the forest with our children supporting them every day in their fun, learning and development. You'll help to:
- Conduct daily reflections with children and educators on their learning and experience that day to use for future environment planning
- Resource the forest sites daily according to children's interests
- Monitor, evaluate and review the quality of learning and teaching at Little Forest Folk
- Complete a weekly retrospective planning sheet to document the children's learning
- Quality assess Tapestry observations and assessments of development
- Develop and empower fellow educators and identify training opportunities
- Organise CPD visits to Little Forest Folk nurseries to educate others in our philosophy and pedagogy
- Regularly track children learning in terms of COEL and according to Leuven scale in addition to EYFS
- Suggest and consequently prepare case studies on elements of our pedagogy
- Manage our programme for reception aged children
- Support and mentor fellow educators in writing observations and biannual reports
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: South West London
- Qualified Teacher Status, Early Years Teacher Status or PGCE
- Experience in the Early Years is preferred
- Passion for the outdoors and connecting children to nature
- Forest school or outdoor education experience is desirable but not essential
- You'll be flexible, with strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team and also independently.
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
- Funded overseas development trips to learn more about styles of pedagogy - last year we visited Norway
- The opportunity to work for a week in the beautiful Tuscany
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry.
- A fit, healthy, active job
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Little Forest Folk, feel free to find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/littleforestfolk or try our website on www.littleforestfolk.com. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Privacy notice for job applicants can be found on our website here: http://www.littleforestfolk.com/careers/
Apply for Early Years Teacher/ Educational Leader (EYTS/QTS) for Forest School Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly