We are looking for an aspirational and knowledgeable individual to join our management team. An individual who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to grow further with us.
You will already have some experience of managing staff in a Nursery, understand the busy day nursery environment and enjoy those challenges. You must have a professional work ethic, be hard working whilst maintaining appropriately friendly relationships, and possess the ability to emotionally engage the staff team, and to develop our staff to their optimum best.
.We are medium sized nursery and preschool with maximum capacity for 52 children. We are located in South Croydon,10 minutes from East Croydon station, with good bus links and motorway routes.
Our opening hours are 7.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Friday, with extended hours from 7am – 7pm. We are closed on all Bank Holidays, and one week for Christmas. We have 2 staff inset days a year.
What you'll be doing
This will be a largely floor based position, modelling best practice to staff, monitoring children's progress, liaising with parents; managing the team and ensuring general smooth operations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Co-managing and coaching a team of educators
- Delivering on the job training, guidance and support to the team
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents
- Planning & logistics, running the nursery routine, managing sufficient ratios and rotas
- Risk Assessing the nursery through the day, every day, and actioning; maintaining and
- Critically assessing all policies, procedures and practice to drive improvement.
- Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours
- Providing in-room support when required
- Experience as a Deputy Manager / Room Lead at an ‘Outstanding’ nursery
- Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
- A love for customer service (making people happy)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience
- Ideally you will have a degree but minimum L3 or Level 5 Management qualification in Early Years and/or Education and Child Care
- Willing to commit to the role long term
- Wiling to go the extra mile
- Fluent in Spoken & Written English.
- Dedication to maintain an environment which fosters continuous improvement.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to manage a team of people
- Passion and strive to think outside the box for future educational development and the nursery
Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience per annum
Holiday: Initial holiday entitlement 28 days (inc. 8 days bank holiday) per annum
Advanced training opportunities
Regular performance based salary reviews.
Performance based Christmas Bonus
Funded Paediatric First aid, Safeguarding and other relevant online training courses.
Up to 42.5 hour week
Must have the right to work in the UK, no convictions or cautions, clear DBS
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
Our safer recruitment procedures includes carrying out Enhanced DBS checks