If you are a vibrant and enthusiastic Nursery Nurse, and would like to work in a nursery with a team of dedicated nursery staff whose passion is to support special needs and mainstream children, apply for this role today.
The nursery is a few minutes' walk from Brent Cross train station. The role is term time onLy, 5 days per week (3 days a week 8.15am-1.30pm & 2 days a week 8.15am - 3.30pm)
The nursery is dedicated to providing excellent levels of care to all children who are 2 years and above.
The nursery offers and provides specialist support and care to children with additional and complex needs.
The Nursery have an Orthodox Jewish ethos and their philosophy mirrors the home life of their service users, many of whom come from religious families.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To be prepared and willing to assist (under supervision) with any child in the nursery class regardless of the severity of their disability.
- To act as key worker and focus on specific children's needs, as required.
- To assist the Head of Nursery in all aspects of the work as required.
- To be fully aware of and to put into practice all health and safety and safeguarding procedures.
- To follow any behaviour modification programmes.
- To have an understanding of child development.
- To be aware of child's therapy and other needs from class file and to follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines.
- To carry out observations, assessments, learning stories and keep profiles up to date. 9) To carry out SEN plans and the relevant paperwork as instructed by the Head of Nursery.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- NVQ 3 childcare and education or recognised equivalent.
- A clear and thorough understanding of the EYFS and OFSTED outcomes, and best practice delivery.
- A clear understanding of the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements.
The role offers the following benefits:
- Season Ticket loan
- 10 staff training days with phenomenal trainers
- Eyecare benefits for employees and their families
- Rewards, deals and discounts via myworklifesolutions
- Employee referral bonus
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION OR IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE, CALL TODAY.