Baby Room Leader - £500 starting bonus!
Baby Room Leader
A new branch of ‘Katey's Nursery & Pre-school' is opening in Hampton Court, and looking for an exceptional Baby Room Leader to join their Outstanding team.
Our Hampton Court branch will open its doors in July 2019 and will offer day-care for children aged 3 months to 5 years, Monday to Friday, 49 weeks a year.
Salary: £20,872.80 - £26,091.00 GROSS P/A
Working hours: 36 – 45 hours per week
Leading a Class of 8 Babies (0-20months).
Qualities you must have:
- Very strong communication skills with children, parents, manager & staff Competent computer skills (email, Office etc)
- The ability to be a valuable part of a team
- Experienced at implementing the EYFS in nursery settings
- Ability to use your experience and professionalism to build on our good work
- Insistence on high standards of care and education
- Enthusiastic with a love for children and for developing their learning
- Ability to share your ideas for planning and activities
- Ability to make the room a wonderful place to be for the children-and staff
Main activities and responsibilities:
Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager
- Supporting the Nursery Manager /Deputy Nursery Manager/ and organising the planning of activities in the Baby’s classroom.
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
- Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager/ and participating in staff meetings. • Care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Providing a good role model for Nursery Nurses and Students.
- Providing feedback to the Nursery Manger/ Deputy Nursery Manager on issues relating to the nursery day.
- Addressing staff and parent queries.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Assisting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager participating in arranging regular children's outings.
Apply for Baby Room Leader - £500 starting bonus!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly