Do you have experience as a Nursery Manager? Do you have the ability to implement high standards of care for children? If so, this could be your next role.
About the Company
Treehouse Nursery Schools Ltd has been offering childcare services for 27 years. Both of our nurseries are rated Good by Ofsted with the after school club being Outstanding. Our nurseries are registered for 120 children and we have over 85% of qualified staff delivering the best care to children. Our staff are our most valuable asset in ensuring that each child is unique and offer a happy and safe environment for them to learn and develop. We are a NCFE/CACHE accredited training centre and we can offer various courses to develop staff CPD.
To find out about the day-to-day insights into what it's like to work here, you can visit us on various social media channels;
The company was awarded Investors in People in 2016 and was awarded in the Top 5 Business Index in childcare industry by Nursery Management Today. This shows the highest standards of people management to lead, support and manage employees to obtain sustainable results.
Treehouse Nursery School promotes a highly qualified and well-motivated team through visionary and aspirational leadership and management.
To take the lead role in the planning, development and management and quality improvement of the nursery. To develop and manage an effective staff team that provides quality childcare to local people and their children. To comply with the Children, Act 2006 (Childcare and Education Law) and associated Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, all relevant Health and Safety, Employment Law legislation and any actions set by Ofsted.
We are looking for a Nursery Manager who possess the following skills:
English Literate (Excellent)
IT Literate (Excellent)
Ofsted: Rated Good
Extensive Experience as a Nursery Manager
Degree in Early years or Childcare
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- To develop and maintain the quality improvement framework in line with EYFS and Ofsted Common Inspection Framework.
- To have an excellent knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and implement them highly effectively.
- Oversee and participate in planning, preparation and delivery of learning activities for individuals, groups, monitoring and assessing children aged 2-5 and recording and reporting their progress in line with the EYFS.
- Ensure the EYFS is fully implemented within the over twos’ and there is ongoing planning, observation and assessment to ensure ongoing improvements in standards.
- To have a key role in planning and monitoring of the nursery and implementing essential policies and procedures. This will require creative thought together with an informed understanding of statutory requirements and best practice for childcare.
- To lead the nursery to outstanding from Ofsted inspections and monitoring visits.
- To ensure the provision of a planned and stimulating environment which gives care, appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional, physical, social and intellectual well being of children attending the nursery and to ensure, as far as possible, that their individual cultural needs are met.
- To work with HR in the recruitment and selection or relevant staff.
- Improve staff practice, teaching and learning through effective systems for supervision, vigorous management and appropriate professional development.
- Line manage the Room Managers / Deputy Manager and other relevant staff according to company policies, practices and organisational requirements by holding staff performance on a regular basis and supporting and guiding staff in the execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the company’s grievance and disciplinary procedure.
WELFARE / SAFEGUARDING
- To ensure children with complex medical needs have a completed health care plan which is shared with parents, managers and staff working in the room.
- To undertake Safeguarding duties at all times.
- To comply with Treehouse Nursery School Safeguarding policy.
- To ensure that arrangements to protect children meet all statutory and other government requirements, promote their welfare and prevent radicalisation and extremism.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring staff compliance and awareness.
- Assisting and monitoring of accident, incident, medication forms, risk assessment and attendance records.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Actively promote equality and diversity, tackle poor behaviour towards others, including bullying and discrimination, and narrowing any gaps in outcomes between different groups of children.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
- Birthday leave
- Access to Leadership and Management Programme
- Increased annul leave with your length of service
- Excellent career and training opportunities
- High street vouchers for going above and beyond
- Social outgoings
- Childcare discounts
- Network opportunities
- Health Care
All employees must be committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all children, which is of the utmost importance for the role. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, Right to Work and satisfactory references.