Deputy Nursery Manager
Are you an experienced Deputy Nursery Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge?
A BRAND NEW NURSERY in Finchley is looking for an experienced and talented Deputy Nursery Manager to join a team who will be instrumental in setting up the nursery, which will be opening soon.
As a Deputy Nursery Manager, you will play a key role in the leadership and management of the nursery. You will support the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day operations of the nursery.
You will need to be a positive role model to be able to support the nursery team and show a commitment to providing the very best care and education at all times.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the daily running and administration of the nursery whilst adhering to the Policies and Procedures of the nursery, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Supporting and liaising with the Nursery Manager on a daily basis.
- Working with the Nursery Manager in ensuring that the nursery offers an environment, which reflects the cultural diversity of all children.
- Inducting, supporting and mentoring new staff, carrying out staff supervision meetings, conducting regular staff assessments, recognising training needs, monitoring training and developing teamwork, jointly with the Nursery Manager.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in organising and attending events that publicise the nursery: these may include fundraising charity events and open weekends.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in creating and maintaining successful and professional partnerships with parents/carers.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager and nursery team in preparation for and during inspections by regulatory bodies. Assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Providing leadership and day-to-day management for nursery staff.
- Working with the Nursery Manager to effectively manage the nursery budget, ensuring that income targets are met, budgeted staff and other costs are not exceeded.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- Full and relevant Level 3 qualification in Early Years
- A sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years and understanding of the EYFS and a commitment to the provision of high quality care and education
- A minimum of two years post qualifying leadership experience in full day care settings
- A high degree of professionalism
- A knowledge of safeguarding practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to plan and organise workload
- The ability to use computers and software packages
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION TODAY