We are looking for a Nursery Cook for our new setting opening in Sidcup.
The Nursery is part of a small, family run group of day nurseries with a dedicated, fun and dynamic team supporting you, with plenty of opportunities to build your career in childcare.
- Perkbox subscription which includes free mobile phone insurance, free Coffee each month from Café Nero, discounts on restaurants, cinema tickets, free training Bonuses for 100% attendance
- Extra Annual Leave for long service
- Funded social events
- Parents Evening, Staff Meetings paid for at your normal hourly rate
- Discounts at Ruxley Manor Garden Centre
- Free Annual family tickets for ice skating
- Generous childcare discounts
- Eye Test
- Off street parking
Main duties & tasks:
- Cooking and preparing healthy and nutritious food in accordance with Grace’s Day Nursery menus.
- Consult with the Nursery Manager and Grace’ kitchen team regarding weekly menus.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of food are stored in appropriate conditions.
- To order weekly supply lists.
- To be responsible for keeping the kitchen and all equipment clean and tidy.
- To observe high standards of food hygiene during the preparation, cooking and serving of all food.
- To be responsible for cleaning and defrosting fridge and freezers as necessary.
- To participate in cooking activities with the children in agreement with Lead Practitioners.
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively with support.
- To attend internal and external training as requested.
- To be responsible for own professional development.
- To attend monthly team meetings/training out of nursery hours as requested.
- To liaise with external professionals, for example environmental health, where necessary.
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- To liaise with your Line Manager
- To undertake other reasonable duties as required by your Line Manager.
- To provide healthy and nutritious food for all children in accordance with the Food Trust guidance and in a way that supports the beliefs of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To ensure the well -being of every child in Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
- Continuous Professional Development
- To support the implementation of Grace’s Day Nursery competency standards
Apply for Nursery Cook
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly