We are looking for a Lead Practitioner for our new setting opening in Sidcup.
The Nursery is part of a small, family run group of day nurseries with a dedicated, fun and dynamic team supporting you, with plenty of opportunities to build your career in childcare.
- Perkbox subscription which includes free mobile phone insurance, free Coffee each month from Café Nero, discounts on restaurants, cinema tickets, free training Bonuses for 100% attendance
- Extra Annual Leave for long service
- Funded social events
- Parents Evening, Staff Meetings paid for at your normal hourly rate
- Discounts at Ruxley Manor Garden Centre
- Free Annual family tickets for ice skating
- Generous childcare discounts
- Eye Test
- Off street parking
Main duties & tasks:
- To be a key person to a group of children.
- To interact and engage in play opportunities with children so that their progress is being encouraged in all areas of Learning and development.
- To carry out short term, medium term and long term planning for all key children on an individual basis in accordance with the EYFS
- To make regular observations and keeping developmental records updated so that children’s progress can be monitored and assessed.
- To write developmental reports for key children.
- To liaise with parents and carers, ensuring close communication, both verbally and written is maintained.
- To carry out reflection times for team members every three months.
- To ensure that the nursery environment is safe and that standards of hygiene are high.
- To complete accident and incident records.
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively.
- To attend internal and external training as requested.
- To attend compulsory monthly team meetings two parents evenings a year.
- To attend training out of nursery hours as requested.
- To liaise with external professionals where necessary.
- To ensure the smooth day to day running of the room.
- Support the professional development of team members.
- To oversee an effective key person system.
- Auditing the quality of teaching and learning in the room.
- To provide safe, high quality care and education for all children in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage and in a way that supports the beliefs of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of parents and carers in the nursery.
- To ensure the well -being of every child in Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
- Continuous Professional Development
Apply for Lead Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly