Preschool Room Leader
Little Garden Day Nurseries are currently recruiting for an experienced and dynamic Preschool Room Leader for our wonderful Brentford Day Nursery and Preschool which has been graded Good by Ofsted. Experience required as qualified practitioner in the Preschool room looking for the next step in their career.
Does this sound like you?
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand or don’t find funny.
- In this job you need to be adaptable – if a child requests you pretend to be the Gruffalo or a Princess, you must have the skills to morph from one to the other.
- If you need to be excused from the room to visit the toilet, pass wind, or pick your nose – you need to be comfortable telling your colleagues you are doing so.
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as and when required.
- Possessing the skills to quickly count the fast-moving heads of small people is vitally important.
- You need to be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work with unknown substances on your clothing.
- You must have a high level of comfort when talking about bodily functions. You must also possess a strong sense of smell to enable you to detect and respond to said bodily functions.
- You must enjoy the taste of a pretend cup of tea.
- You must have the ability to read a ten page fairy-tale, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
If so, then we want you to come and be part of the Little Garden Family. If you love childcare as much as we do, you’ll fit right in. We know that changing jobs is a big step, but fear not – our people are our most important asset and we make a big deal when it comes to taking care of you.
From humble beginnings with a very small team and one nursery, Little Garden now has four nurseries in prime London locations. Although we have grown, there’s still this feeling of family that really makes Little Garden a very special place to work, and a special place for our children to spend time, have fun and learn.
Our people are a passionate lot, united in creating something really special and something different. Whenever you enter one of our nurseries, or come to our Clapham Support Centre, you’ll feel part of it. It’s always been like this. It’s in our DNA and it was ignited within us from the moment we opened the first nursery.
To make each day special, there’s lots of hard work involved with lots of different kinds of people doing different jobs. It’s the fact we all love working with children, believe in what we do and have a lot of fun doing it that really helps us pull together to create the fantastic high quality childcare that we’ve become known for.
It’s hard to bottle what makes us different, but it’s got a lot to do with the warmth and natural friendliness that you’ll experience from our people. It’s not something that’s easy to describe, but you’ll know it when you see it. It’s in our blood.
It’s the reason that parents choose to entrust us with their children again and again. Because when you enjoy caring for children and seeing them develop into wonderful young people as much as we do, the feeling to have enriched someone’s early years journey is truly overwhelming.
We offer an industry leading benefits scheme
- Competitive salary levels
- Annual salary reviews
- Bonus scheme – everyone benefits
- Extensive induction scheme
- Discounted childcare – everyone gets 50% for their immediate children
- Career progression
- Long service awards -After 2 years get your birthday off, every year, After 5 years we’ll send you and a partner away for a luxury weekend, After 10 years we’ll jet you off abroad for a week long luxury holiday!
- High street voucher awards – do something WOW and receive £50 of high street vouchers
- Attendance reward
- Contribution to Christmas party
- Annual awards to celebrate our Super Stars