Parson’s Green Nursery is a small Family run nursery situated in Parson’s Green (Fulham). We currently have one 52 place setting on Cortayne Road SW6 which has been running for 5 years. We are opening our sister nursery on Fulham Road (10 minutes away from our first setting) in June 2020, and are looking for a dedicated and friendly Nursery Manager. The individual would work alongside the nursery owners to set up and manage our new premises and we would be looking for the successful candidate to join the team in Spring of 2020 to oversee the set up of the nursery along with recruitment and staff training prior to opening our doors in the summer.
The nursery building is situated at 630 Fulham Road SW6 5RS, a very short walk from Parson’s Green Tube station. We will take approx 50 children between 1 - 5 years; the nursery already has a number of children registered to attend from June 2020. The building is a large victorian house which is currently undergoing extensive structural work and modernisation to create large open classrooms, and a separate indoor/outdoor garden as well as a dedicated Art Studio which will operate as part of our pre school provision. We are a modern nursery with traditional values and this will be reflected within our environment which is designed to look and feel like a family home and takes inspiration primarily from Reggio, Montessori and Waldorf pedagogies.
- The role would be 45 hours per week (8am - 6pm)
- Initial holiday entitlement of 30 days PA
- We operate a 3 months notice period.
Person Spec (Required)
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or above.
- Fluent in Spoken & Written English.
- Dedication to maintain an environment which fosters continuous improvement.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to manage a team of people.
Person Spec (Desired)
- A minimum of one years management experience.
- Willing to commit to the position long term.
Benefits for Staff
- Annual Full Attendance Bonus.
- Regular performance based salary reviews.
- Annual Season Ticket Loan Scheme.
- £500 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Performance based Christmas Bonus.
- One additional day of AL per full year of Service. (up to 40 days)
- NEST Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for training.
- Funded DBS, Paediatric First aid, Safeguarding and other relevant online training courses.
- Staff outings & parties.
This will be a largely floor based position, modelling best practice to staff, monitoring children's progress, liaising with parents; managing the team and ensuring general smooth operations. main responsibilities include:
- To report regularly and maintain open communication with the Nursery Owners.
- Responsibility for the daily running and administration of the nursery whilst adhering to the Policies & Procedures ,ensuring compliance with the Children Act and Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Ofsted/CSIW and the National Standards.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Having key-holder responsibility.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Ensuring effective staff recruitment.
- Supervision of staff and students, conducting regular staff assessments, recognising training needs, monitoring training and developing teamwork.
- Organising regular staff meetings and in-service training and staff outings.
- Care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Ensuring that all children’s individual needs are being met within the setting and that all children are making expected progress.
- Supervision of the planning and preparation of activities to develop all aspects of the child's individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
- Ensuring developmental records and observations are kept.
- Ensuring that the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the nursery playrooms, kitchen and equipment are carried out according to the Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
- To help ensure the nursery meets all OFSTED requirements.
- Liaison with parents and negotiation of working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Ensuring a tier system of management is in place and that duties are delegated fairly. Maintaining staff ratios and ensuring staff are deployed effectively to carry out all necessary duties.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Arranging and attending regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings and ensuring effective marketing.
- Supporting staff in becoming reflective practitioners and fostering an environment with a sustained capacity for continuous improvement.
- Conducting meetings with parents and key workers relating to transitions, children’s progress and behaviour management.
- Ensuring the effective and regular removal of waste materials to the designated store and ensuring regular collection of that waste.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Area Manager and Managing Director.
- Any other duties required to ensure the running of the nursery that may arise.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly