Operations Director - Innovative Outdoor Nursery
Little Forest Folk is an adventurous and progressive nursery where our teams get to climb trees, toast marshmallows on a campfire, build zip wires and laugh, love and play in the fresh air all day long with amazing children.
Little Forest Folk have six magical outdoor forest nurseries across South West London and are completely child-led and play-based settings, and now also have Liberty Woodland Primary school. We are providing children with an exemplary learning experience to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
Due to significant growth over the last four years, Little Forest Folk is looking to recruit a newly created role designed to ensure that all nurseries run to a level of operational and compliance excellence.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Senior Management Team to inspire colleagues and manage a variety of functions across the organisation to the highest of standards.
This role will be pivotal to the business day to day and will build relationships with all the key members of the Senior Management Team, working especially close with our Operations Manager in order to work in a collaborative style to reach end goals. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you provide specific leadership on all non-teaching related aspects of the nurseries with Operations reporting to you.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar style role before within the education sector. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and proactive in approach and must be passionate about working for a fast-growing organisation.
- Develops operational policies, systems, and practices and ideas that bring to life the vision for the future of Little Forest Folk. Ensuring that all internal policies, procedures and processes are fit for purpose and being adhered to across all settings.
- Ensures that all settings are fully compliant with all applicable governmental laws and regulations as required by Ofsted and the DFE and responsible for maintaining our Ofsted Oustanding ratings.
- Supervises and/or assists with all aspects of nursery operation, including (but not limited to) operations, staff management and summer camp programs.
- Works with all staff to implement and coordinate curricula established by Little Forest Folk.
- Supports the nursery Operations Manager to resolve any day to day issues across the nursery settings.
- Acts a senior point of contact for any parent complaints or feedback when escalated by the Operations Manager.
- Prepares all preliminary, annual, and final nursery budgets.
- Oversees risk at all settings to ensure the safety of personnel and students/enrolled children both at the regular settings and on offsite trips.
- Oversees future plans to develop the organisation including research, re-designing of our CPD offering. Actively develops ideas to bring to the SMT of development enhancement opportunities for the nurseries.
- Embodies, manifests, and advocates the mission of Little Forest Folk in all his/her operational decisions.
- An independent self-starter who is confident working remotely
- Experience of working within early years, preferably with Nursery Manager and Senior Operations experience.
- In depth knowledge of the EYFS and the Welfare requirements and leading Ofsted Inspections.
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work!
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry.
- Social events throughout the year – a chance to hang up the wellies and let your hair down with your teammates!
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
- The opportunity to work in beautiful Tuscany for a week every year
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
If you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us and take a look at our website