Nursery Manager (maternity cover)
About The Role
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity in our Trumpington Park based in Cambridge. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries that provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Cambridge Local Authority and the Department of Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Ensuring that the early years service delivered is of the highest quality.
- Liaising with families about their children's learning and needs.
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements.
- You will responsible for the financial sustainability of the nursery.
- Marketing services within the local community and meeting local needs.
- You will also work with your team to offer a range of services and advise to support parents.
- Successful applicants will need a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- Proven experience in running or helping to run a similar service.
- The ability to manage resources to ensure the setting's expenditure and income is in line with its budget.
- The ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 39
Interview date: Thursday 21st November 2019
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.