Out of school club assistant
About The Role
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity in our Trumington Early Years and Childcare based in Trumpingon, Cambridgeshire. The setting is part of a group of full daycare nurseries and settings that provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Cambridgeshire County Council and the Department of Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal; and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the group and to maintain a safe, simulating and enjoyable environment.
- To contribute to the planning of safe and stimulating childcare including collection of children from school and the safe delivery of children to parents/named carers.
- Be fully involved (where applicable) in all activities associated with the childcare provision and to support children’s participation.
- To work in partnership with the school and support children’s allocated homework.
- To work closely with parents to create and develop open and inclusive working partnerships which support the development of their children.
- It is a statutory requirement that: “staff have a sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of children in their care.” Section 3.26, EYFS (2014).
- A sound understanding of child development and children’s needs, taking into account the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice, safeguarding procedures and equality & diversity considerations.
- Experience of working with parents and carers from a range of cultural backgrounds, encouraging full participation in their children’s play and learning opportunities.
Hours per week: 20
Weeks per year: 39
Interview date: Thursday 21st November 2019
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.