Walton Montessori -Nursery Manage Job summary
40 Per Week, Full time, 52 weeks per year Permanent
Inspired Learning Group – Walton Montessori School and Nursery
POSITION: Nursery Manager
HOURS: Full time, Permanent, All year round
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Walton Montessori School and Nursery, based in Walton-on-Thames .
The pre-school has high regard in the local community and prides itself on being an environment where children can learn through play, but also at their own individual rate whilst their development is being extended and challenged from passionate, motivated and dedicated Early Years Practitioners.
Walton Montessori believes in and follows the Montessori philosophy and ethos. Meaning children learn through experimental play delivered by practitioners with specialised skills, techniques and materials. Allowing all the children to develop at their own individual rate, giving the child a voice and their own say on their learning. The Montessori ethos embeds manners, rules and boundaries into the children’s everyday life at pre-school and this soon becomes second nature to the children allowing for a stimulating, engaging and calm environment for the children, parents and staff.
What the role involves:
CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Ensure that children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Ensure practice and provisions in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures. Assumes the role of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion
- Support pre-school staff in delivering the Foundation Stage; ensure that provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the local authority in relation to nursery grant funding for three and four-year olds
- Establish, develop and maintain a highly professional working relationship with relevant local authority department, regulatory bodies and other agencies
- Support a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice through out the nursery.
- Support facilitation of inspections by regulatory bodies and implement any recommendations
- Support the deliverance of occupancy targets
- Ensure accurate reporting in respect of occupancy, quality and standards
- Recruit, induct, support, train and appraise all staff to ensure delivery of high quality childcare practice
- Develop a well-qualified and experienced team able to meet and exceed all relevant standards
- Identify training needs; develop training plans and evaluate training undertaken by staff
- Develop open and positive working relationships with staff
- Manage staff costs with regard to budget projections
- Maintain accurate records and accounts for the nursery and produce management information as required
- Control costs in line with agreed budgets
- Understand and utilise management systems and information to maximise commercial benefits
- Proactively represent the Company and advance its interests in the local community
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers
- Be responsible of ensuring that all complaints and concerns are actively resolved in a timely manner and these are reported to the Head of Nurseries
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Manage the day-to-day operation in order to ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents and carers, the team and visitors to the nursery
- Be fully aware of emergency and security procedures
- Ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications
- Adhere to the health and safety policy and procedure
- Support for all the administrative duties associated with the nursery, such as maintaining children’s records, ordering equipment, maintaining inventories and keeping personnel records
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check with access to the children’s barred list
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management
We’re looking for:
- Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- 3-5 years Nursery management experience
- Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
- An organised, supportive personality.
- Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a “can do” attitude
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer:
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- Competitive salary
- Further on the job training
- Day to day support from a strong management team
- Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
Walton Montessori Nursery, part of Inspired Learning Group, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, please apply now!