POSITION: NURSERY MANAGER
HOURS: Full time
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Park Hill School and Nursery, based in Kingston, Surrey.
The nursery at Park Hill School has an excellent staff to child ratio, allowing every child to receive an appropriate level of individual care and attention. By following the Early Years Foundation stage framework, the children can take part in a variety of activities each day. Park Hill Nursery provides a warm, safe environment for children, where they can create beautiful memories that they can carry forward throughout their education. They are taught to be considerate of others, thoughtful and self-assured.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week.
The role will suit someone who has previous experience of managing a nursery setting. The successful applicant will be expected to lead by example. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to really put their stamp on things, train and mentor the team and take the nursery to the next level.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a minimum NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 /C or above
- Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- 3 years experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Good administration and IT skills
- An enthusiastic team member with a can do attitude who is willing to share ideas and expertise
- Flexible, practical approach and willing to ‘get your hands ‘dirty’
- Motivated to develop and maintain high quality provision and practice
- Have a warm and caring nature
- Have an enhanced DBS on the update service or be happy to obtain one
- In return you will receive a competitive salary plus 7% - 10% bonus on any income over target.
This is an exciting time to join ILG with excellent opportunities moving forward.