Nursery Manager, Stockwell
Nursery Manager, Stockwell, London
Exciting new opportunity to join new nursery in the Stockwell area, in the London borough of Lambeth
We are currently recruiting for an established large nursery setting providing quality care and education for children aged between birth and five years.
- Salary- up to £35K per annum
- Continuous CPD opportunities
- Target related bonuses
- Opportunities for development and growth
- Discounted childcare
- Supernumerary position
It will operate weekdays, 7.30am to 7.30pm for 51 weeks each year, excluding Public Holidays and staff inset days.
Rotating shift patterns
40 hours a week
Looking for highly motivated, committed and compassionate professionals who work effectively together as a team to provide exceptional care set by the high standards of the nursery.
The Nursery manager needs to have significant Early Years experience and will work in partnership with the Deputy manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery. This is a supernumerary role.
Holiday entitlement is 28 days holiday per annum
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To take responsibility for the overall management, planning and development of the nursery, under the direction of the owners.
- To create an environment that provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery.
- To lead and motivate staff, delegating appropriate responsibilities and duties to support continuous professional development of the whole team.
- To identify training requirements for all team members working with the nursery manager to produce and ensure delivery of the nursery training plan. To evaluate the effectiveness of training carried out within the workplace.
- Management duties to include recruitment, induction, performance reviews, disciplinary meetings, grievances and managing absence.
- To assist in taking responsibility for the efficient financial management of the nursery, ensuring that it is a commercial success. Includes supporting the production of an annual nursery budget in conjunction with the management committee utilising monthly financial reports to ensure that the budget is on target and to report any variances.
- To be responsible for the handling of monies and returns connected with the nursery.
- To communicate effectively with all customers, including internal teams, parents/carers, children and external agencies.
- To attend training courses and network meetings, taking on additional responsibilities relating to the operation of the nursery, when required.
- To ensure that relevant office work and records are completed to the required deadlines.
- Compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of the children are held to be paramount at all times. To include taking responsibility for dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the appropriate agencies.
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff cover and rotas.
- To ensure the active promotion and application of the equal opportunities/anti-bias policy throughout the nursery.
- To ensure the nursery is running to its full capacity by effectively managing enquiries, conducting show-rounds, operating a waiting list, as appropriate and advance booking children's places to the required levels.
- To cover duties in the absence of staff and take responsibility for a room
- To attend out-of-working-hours activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events.
- To be a good role model to the children and other staff members.
- To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need.
- You will need a minimum level 3 Early Years qualification or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in a similar setting as a manager
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent English communication skills
- Mostly office, supernumerary role
- Experience of working in a 'good' or 'outstanding' nursery setting
Please apply to email@example.com