Governess/ Homeschooling Teacher
We have a new exciting opportunity for a self motivated, passionate Qualified governess/teacher which involves international travel.
- Live-in role; self contained flat.
- Competitive salary and package
- Includes travel, 6-8 months a year with expenses paid
- Health insurance/visas organised
- Phone bill allowance
- Full time, permanent contract
- Daily travel allowance and
- Flights home paid for
- International travel to Dubai, Europe etc.
Position open for a live-in qualified teacher to implement a child-led learning environment for a 3 year old child in order to help fulfil her potential socially, emotionally and academically. Montessori and Waldorf systems of education are preferred.
The right candidate will be an energetic educator who will be responsible for designing and delivering a daily curriculum at home and during travels that embraces a holistic education approach, including behavioural elements of the child's development. This would include researching and taking child to appropriate external classes and activities, including music, sports and languages.
The right candidate will need to be a team player and be prepared to 'muck in' when needed to help with the child's nursery duties; childcare, bathing and dressing if nanny is not present.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing a rich curriculum and daily/weekly program
- Hours will vary day to day; up to 8h a day
- Creating a nurturing, stimulating and fun educational environment
- Instilling good manners and a sense of responsibility
- Ensuring that meals and snack are nutritious (food preparation not a requirement)
- Organizing and implementing educational and fun outings
- Promoting self-care and hygiene
- Extensive travel with the family
Job qualifications and prerequisites include, but are not limited to:
At least 5 years of previous teaching at preschool/foundation stage institutions;
- Experience with homeschooling
- Degree in early childhood education and development or equivalent
- Preference for Montessori/Waldorf (or similar) training
- Experience of caring for toddlers
- Current paediatric first aid certificate or willing to attend a course
- Excellent, verifiable references
- Good health and energetic
- Dependable, honest and trustworthy
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean Enhanced DBS check
- Language skills: Excellent English(or native Arabic with fluent English)
If you are interested in this position or would like some more information please contact Sarah at;