Apprentice Pre-school Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Apprentice Pre-school Assistant at Godmanchester Pre-school, Butcher Drive, Godmanchester, Huntingdon, PE29 2NL.
Training and support will be provided by the Alliance.
The Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship programmes are available.
You will assist in providing care and inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the nursery and to assist in maintaining a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
- To learn how to meet children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs by providing stimulating and age-appropriate play and learning opportunities in the setting.
- To learn how to supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations, as directed by senior staff.
- To learn how to contribute to a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being and to ensure that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To learn how to assist the senior in providing a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas of the children’s development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers.
- To learn how to be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To learn how to carry out observations (where appropriate) of children and how to discuss the progress of children with the relevant key person and to contribute any ideas to informal & formal planning sessions.
- To assist in the preparation of snacks, set up and clear away meal times and supervision of children during meal times.
- To contribute to and attend his/her feedback sessions.
- To attend and contribute at regular staff/team meetings.
- To share any child protection concerns immediately with the Senior Setting Worker or Setting Manager.
- To ensure adherence to setting’s code of practice on confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal communication
- GCSE grade 4 or C in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Ability to work using own initiative and work as part of a team
- Good customer awareness
- Experience of dealing with young children
- A willingness to learn
- Friendly, flexible approach
Hours per week: 32.5
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: Thursday 8th October 2020
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service:
Godmanchester Pre-school, which is situated on the new Roman’s Edge development, next door to the Bridge Academy Primary school, are looking for new team members to join the setting and form part of the ever-developing pre-school.
Godmanchester has close community links and aspirations to grow the setting further. The setting also contributes to a selection of pre-schools that form part of the Early Years Alliance.
The Early Years Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.